Gluten Free Pie Crust
This gluten-free crust is for a nine-inch pie plate. (but barely)
* 1/4 Cup Butter
* 3/4 Cup Quinoa flour
* 1/2 Tsp Salt
* 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
* 2 Tbs Water
Pie Crust Instructions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F
2. Put the butter into a pot, and put the heat on low.
3. When the butter is melted, add the quinoa flour, salt and baking powder. You can pre-mix it if you like, but it will get pretty well mixed during the following two steps.
4. Using a large spoon, mix the butter into the gluten-free flour mixture. Keep mixing and pressing in the unmelted butter until the wheat-free flour is evenly mixed with the butter.
5. Add the water. Mix until the water is evenly mixed with the gluten-free flour mixture.
6. Dump the gluten-free pie crust mixture into the pie pan.
7. Using your fingers, press the wheat-free pie crust into an even covering along the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
8. Using a fork, poke holes into the base of the crust. They do not have to penetrate the crust, but it is OK if they do. Place fork-holes about every inch or so around the outer edge of the bottom of the pie pan, and round the middle too.
9. Place the pie crust in the oven. Bake until brown (approximately 20 minutes). Check it every so often to make sure it does not burn!
10. Remove from the oven and add gluten-free pie filling.
11. Bake according to pie filling instructions