Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crispy Kale Chips, Italian Style



Awhile back I posted a recipe for cheesy kale green chips which is a bit of a misnomer because the cheesy taste comes from nutritional yeast. Anyway, with this batch I tried two different things. I used the "Italian" recipe which can be found at the bottom of the cheesy kale post. Purple curly kale was used. I remade the recipe somewhat and, for ease of massaging the sauce into the kale and to save room in the dehydrator, I ripped the kale into bite sized pieces instead of dipping whole leaves.
The new small size was a hit for casual eating, but I over-did the dehydrated tomato slices so the tomato flavour dominated too much. Next time I'll add more jalapeno pepper, less tomato, more nutritional yeast and some oregano.

P.S Below is the original recipe, with green curly kale, torn into bite sized bits. All time favourite, so far.



Massaging the sauce into the kale.



Massaged kale on the dehydrator rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment